Q9 brings unique qualifications and skills to your case
Expert witness and forensic document examiner qualifications
What document examiner qualifications does your forensic document examiner hold? In a recent court trial, the opposing document examiner said my methodology differed from that used for the last 50 years. I agreed with him. The methodology I used applied modern computer technology to the case. The attorney who retained me successfully defended the case that turned on the authenticity of a signature.
In another case, the opposing examiner said that in the 1980’s, he worked with the former FBI document examiner from whom I learned the techniques used in the case. Therefore, the technique I used was not valid because they did not use that technique when they worked together. I learned the techniques in a two-day seminar taken in 2010.
I have been qualified as an expert witness in California Superior Courts and Federal District Court. My testimony has been accepted 24 times in cases involving signatures a will contest, contract dispute, altered documents and others. Questioned documents discovered include an altered deed, cut-and-paste signatures, altered mortgage documents, altered handwritten documents, electronic documents, and many other types of questioned documents. I have discovered falsified mortgage documents.
Since the 1980’s I have studied the science and discipline of forensic document examination and handwriting analysis. I am one of a handful of forensic document examiners with a graduate school certificate in forensic document examination from an accredited university.
- Customer-focused approach to his work
- Uses technology to communicate with clients
- Court qualified expert witness in San Diego, Riverside, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties, California and Federal District Court. I have testified in civil and criminal cases.
- Has worked cases in California, Florida, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Louisiana Texas, and Utah
- Author of two books about forensic document examinaion
- Uses a science-based approach to questioned document examination
- Knowledgeable in the science of variability
- Certified Quality Engineer
- Skilled at preparation of expert witness reports and exhibits
- Presents at international forensics conferences and local seminars
- Attends at least two professional forensics conferences each year
- Chair for the 2012 National Association of Document Examiners (NADE) conference in San Diego, California
- Skilled presenter of more than 150 corporate training classes
- Toastmasters Advanced Communicator Silver and former club president
Examiner qualifications include being approved on Government Expert Witness Lists
- Superior Court of California Los Angeles County Expert Witness Panel
- Riverside County Public Defender’s office
- San Diego County Public Defender’s office
Mike holds professional certifications that bring unique skills to your case. In order to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the field of forensic document examination, he attends a minimum of two conferences each year.
Extensive Research Library
- More than 50 text books on document examination
- More than 30 texts on the legal aspects of forensic science
- USA Secret Service forensic document examination course
- La Trobe University Forensic Document Examination course
- Hundreds of professional journal articles