Legal Aspects of Forensic Document Examination (1 hour MCLE credit)
Legal Aspects of Forensic Document Examination explores the standards and legal rulings that affect the forensic document examiner as an expert witness. The concept of general acceptance of methodologies for performing forensic document examination are presented.
- What is forensic document examination?
- Do the courts consider document examination as a science?
- How is a scientific approach applied to handwriting identification?
- What are some legal decisions affecting forensic document examination?
- Forensic science legislation before Congress
- What are types of problems document examiners solve?
- How can the document examiner prepare effective court exhibit?
- What are attributes to look for when selecting a document examiner?